The aim of this programme is to produce graduates with the advanced knowledge, principles and skills in Artificial Intelligence (AI) in term of theoretical and practical foundation for designing, implementing and managing information technology solutions and resources and also recognizing the impact of technology on individuals, organization and society.
At the end of this programme, students are expected to:
1) Elaborate knowledge in contemporary Artificial Intelligent technologies and techniques.
2) Apply problem solving skills in planning, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating intelligent systems.
3) Demonstrate creative, critical thinking skills and propose innovative solutions.
4) Demonstrate effective communication and teamwork capabilities in managing and conducting intelligent system projects and research.
5) Build network and collaboration with stakeholders ethically and professionally.
6) Apply skill and knowledge in lifelong learning, research career advancement activities, and updating knowledge of emerging information and communication technologies.
7) Initiate business opportunities from intelligent system applications.
8) Demonstrate IT professionalism through positive attitudes toward organizations.
9) Demonstrate excellent leadership in managing IS projects and research.
Master of Science (Intelligent System) is offered in two modes:
- Coursework and dissertation
Name: Dr Nur Haryani binti Zakaria
Tel: +604-928 5063
SPECIFIC ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Applicants for the Master’s Programme under the UUM College of Arts and Sciences must possess the following:a) A Bachelor’s degree with Honours from University Utara Malaysia or any other institution of higher learning recognized by the University Senate with aCGPA at least 2.50; orb) A Bachelor’s degree with Honours from Universiti Utara Malaysia or any other institution of higher learning recognized by the University Senate with aCGPA less than 2.50 and relevant working experience; orc) Any other equivalent qualification recognized by the University Senate; andd) Fulfills the English Language requirement.
PROGRAMME STRUCTURE- (A) Coursework and Dissertation
The Master of Science (Intelligent System) by coursework and dissertation is 42 credit hours which comprise of:
Mode of Studies Courses CORE COURSE
(16 CREDIT HOURS)
- STIN5014 Artificial Intelligence
- STIN5024 Data Mining
- STIN5034 Neural Networks
- SZRZ6014 Research Methodology
(4 CREDIT HOURS)
Choose any one (1) course from the courses listed below or any other courses approved by the College:
- STIN6014 Artificial Intelligence Programming Language
- STIN6024 Expert System
- STIN6034 Intelligent Agent Development
- STIN6044 Intelligent Database
- STIN6054 Web-based Intelligent Systems
- STIN6064 Natural language Computing
- STIN6074 Fuzzy Logic
- STIN6084 Generic Algorithm
- STIN6094 Swarm Computing
(20 CREDIT HOURS)
- STIZ69920 Dissertation
PROGRAMME STRUCTURE- (B) Research
Research Details REQUIREMENTS Students are required to:
- Present and defend the proposed research to a committee;
- Present progress reports of research work at colloquiums arranged by the Graduate School or College;
- Attend a viva session to defend the thesis; and
- Submit a final thesis.
Students without sufficient research skills and knowledge are required to attend and pass the following courses with at least a B grade before being allowed to defend their proposal (i.e. within the first two semesters of their enrolment):
- SZRZ6014 Research Methodology;
- SCLE6014 Academic Writing; and/or
- Any other course as determined by the supervisor or Academic Committee.