It is an honour to acknowledge that in fostering entrepreneurship among students, specifically in the field of ICT, an incubator is set up to host, the MSc Technoprenuership graduate. Students are placed in this incubator, where research works are undertaken with close supervision by the industry, a coordinator and a Computing Professional Enrichment and Development Division (CoPED).
The knowledge flow focuses on the interest and skill of the participants. The development and training activities are practised through workshops, role playing, active interaction, team-based learning, modular courses for learn-and-teach approach, and industrial attachment through industrial internship program.
All the stated activities are handled by internal and external experts comprising of dynamic leaders, respected technology entrepreneurs, legal professionals, inventors, and venture capitalists. Other methods and procedures implemented are continuous support and the monitoring system through mentoring concept, with the launching of business before one can graduate in the program.
Name: Dr Shahrul Azmi bin Mohd Yusof
Tel: +604-928 4776
SPECIFIC ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
Applicants for the Master of Science (Technopreneurship) must be a Malaysian citizen with age of within 22-40 years old and must posses the following:
a) A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any other related field with a CGPA of least 3.00; OR
b) A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any other related field with a CGPA 2.00- 2.99 and work experience of at least 2 years; OR
c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any other related field with a CGPA of 2.00- 2.49 and approved by the Selection Committee based on business idea that innovative and potential to be commercialized; OR
d) Pass an interview session and test that is conducted by Selection Committee.
In order to be conferred the degree of Master of Science (Technopreneurship), students must:
- Enroll and pass all modules for Technopreneurship programme;
- Produce one product prototype or service based on IT research that has potential to be marketed and to submit a thesis which contains full report of research process and the prototype development;
- Produce a complete business plan;
- Set up a company by private or partnership; AND
- Fulfill one of the following requirement:
- To get a grant of at least RM50,000.00 from any agency such as MARA, CRADLE, MAVCAP, MTDC, MDV, MDeC (Preseed Fund), and MeCD; OR
- To produce sales of at least RM50, 000.00 for product or IT services that was developed as in the article (2) above.